Thursday, October 13, 2005

What's new

What is new around here? Since the excitement of the marathon is slowly fading away, I need to find something to replace it. And what I have done is to begin some painting projects. Painting; as in “house painting” and not painting on canvas. I’m painting the living room right now and I want to do the hallway after that. Bold colors are currently in vogue and that’s fun…and different for me. I was always a person who preferred a stark white background and thought that the furniture and artwork made the best statement about your tastes.

The living room only needs a few more hours of painting and the walls and ceiling will be complete. Then I need to rip out the old baseboards, dark and narrow, and add the new and taller baseboards for that final touch.

Laurae picked the colors for our study and they were perfect. Now it looks as if she has made another great choice with the living room colors. Her being an ISFJ type has a lot to do with that, as she spends a lot of time researching and studying how the colors interact with their surroundings; that’s the “Sensing” type at work. Myself, an INFP; I will go with what makes me “Feel” good at the moment I buy the paint. That’s not the same from day to day. And that’s probably why I liked white as a background color; neutral and non-threatening. But I’m getting used to living dangerously with color and I have some bold ideas of my own for the hallway. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment