Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sign of the Times

Shopping! That’s the thing we do these days…and I just finished another *satisfying shopping excursion on-line. It’s getting easier all of the time and most merchants are becoming aware that even on-line shoppers can be discriminating. The websites are friendlier and filled with all sorts of gift ideas, sorted by $ value and recipient.

And when the merchants fail to satisfy…you can simply leave your electronic shopping cart in the middle of the aisle and walk away. I love it!

*Satisfying…When Amazon failed to notify me that the one item I had selected did not have gift wrap available, I abandoned my cart and went elsewhere. Hah!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you've been to Maine's own LL Bean site to do some shopping. I'm shopping online at the moment for family out West (they offer free shipping)and when Renee get's home from school, I'm loading up her and my mum and we are on our way to Freeport to do some shopping at the actual store. Lee is in town and she and Whit took off to NYC for a few days. This allows me an oppritunity to shop for Whit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you clairvoyant or what? I did shop at Bean's just a few minutes ago. I have been a Bean fan for years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Beans is a model for how business should be, they are very good to their employees (which makes people want to twork there), they sell good products that they stand behind, and they support responsible corporate citizenship. I think more businesses would do well to follow their example.

    BTW I just purchased a pair of Sorel boot rated down to -100 F. The are the biggest boots I've ever owned but last night walking the dog in 5 degree (-10 with windchill) my feet were warm and toasty.

    ReplyDelete