Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday

Friday has arrived once again and I’m as ready for it as I can be…which isn’t saying much. I do have the fire revived and I have my first cup of coffee in hand, so as much of the world that I can control is in pretty good shape. But as for the rest of the world…

The headlines are pretty much standard and I have to look at my email and my Google Alerts to find something interesting. I did get a good joke from the Prairie Home Companion weekly email, “A blonde man decided to wash his sweatshirt, but when he started to put it in the washer he stopped and asked his wife, "Should I wash the sweatshirt in hot water or cold?"
"What does the sweatshirt say?" she asked.
"University of Oklahoma"

The more I think about it, the more I think that’s not really a blonde joke, but a true representation of the differences in Type. A man whose Type prefers Sensing versus a wife who uses iNtuition. Oh well, it’s still funny!

That’s one of the problems that comes with knowing a great deal about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, everything seems to have some connection to Type. It’s like the story of the new carpenter and with a brand new hammer in his hand, everything looks like a nail.

I did read about the latest in nanotech news; it appears that Denmark will soon be the center of research in this field as they were given a 15M grant to develop the world’s most powerful microscope, an Environmental Transmission Electron Microscope that is five times as powerful as existing microscopes for research. I would love to be able to look through it!

And there was some news about the need for new laws to govern nanotechnology. I really agree…except. We certainly can’t allow the current generation of lawmakers to write them. These partisan dimwits can’t think past the contents of their wallets. Their version of regulation for nanotechnology would put the science back 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment