Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Odds and Ends

Tuesday morning and all is not well…I have an Amazon order that I’m trying to get on its way, but since I decided to add my $5 gift certificate to the order, the cursor has decided to enter the hourglass mode and so it sits…and sits. While I wait and wait some more. And now it is telling me that something is wrong with the gift certificate number and can’t accept it. Just when you’re beginning to love on-line shopping, you suddenly need to talk to someone!

The order was for some books I had waiting in my shopping cart for some time, but on Saturday I was listening to an interview of the author of “Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln”, Doris Kearns Goodwin. That interview motivated me to include the book in my order.

I have always been fascinated by Lincoln (Aren’t we all?) but even more so when I discovered he was also an INFP personality type, just as I am. No, I’m not comparing myself to Lincoln, but this book also points out some of those peculiarities of the INFP type…though the author never mentions Myers-Briggs type. That just happens to be my take on it.

And for the art lover, here’s some good news; Laurae Dunn has entered two of her works in the 2006 Orland Art Show and Sale. The sale/show will be held at the Chamber of Commerce Building, 720 Pabst Avenue in Orland. Gallery hours are from 1 to 6 on weekdays. There is an opening reception to meet the artists on March 3rd, from 5 to 7 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment