Monday, February 27, 2006

Rain Rain, Go Away

The rain is making it difficult to maintain a good connection with the satellite this morning and my internet connection fades in and out in tune with the degree of storm intensity. I wish we could have a broadband connection; cable or DSL, but the companies that might provide it aren’t interested in this little piece of Glenn County. Where’s the Public Utilities Commission when you need them? Oh, I forgot…we’re in a Free Market Economy and this is “good” for me. That will be my mantra for the day. I already feel so much better!

4 comments:

  1. I have the same problem living ten miles out in the Atlantic. I figure it was my choice to live here, six mile North I can have DSL. There are trade offs in life. I get Reid State Park (http://gonewengland.about.com/library/blreid1.htm), people north of here get DSL. I have found that I can take my laptop to a hotspot in town and download music, files, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand trade-offs. But since I am situated directly in-between two cities and in a rural area by about 5 minutes...service providers have obligation to serve me. In the old days, they would have to. I believe that information, the internet, should be free to everyone, just like a Free Library. My taxes should support it and it should be available to all. Free Market people hate that kind of talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Have NO obligation"
    Sorry about the typo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is a pain in the butt that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete