Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Art Stuff

Wednesday is upon us. And so is the rain. April’s showers are beginning early and perhaps that means that May’s flowers will arrive early as well.

The newspaper has decided to raise the subscription rates and that just might be enough to push me over the edge and cancel it. (I’m of the opinion that the advertisers should pay for the newspaper delivery.) But, the paper showed up early yesterday and that’s a plus…now will it be there before 6 today?

Art stuff…I’m enjoying all of the possibilities. Yesterday, I tried adding some real copper accents to my gourd project and it looks like it will turn out well. I just need to find the right colors to go with it. And I experimented with some watercolors, outside of the required work from the class.
You can’t see the copper accents all that well in the photo. And I’m not sure about the direction for the watercolor? But hey! I’m not finished…I added the stem and leaves last night and now I’m thinking I need to blur that addition a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:31 AM

    When you are done with the gourd, turn it so I can see the copper. Looks fun. Did you burn the line in the gourd? The watercolor is very nice!

    ReplyDelete