Friday, March 10, 2006

Bad Genes

Friday has arrived once again. And I think we have some rain in the forecast. Of course we do. That’s been in the forecast every day for the past two weeks. Most tiresome!

I’ve been trying to get the garage in shape once again, but the colder weather is making it a chore. I like to have the garage door open when I’m working out there, but the cold wind quickly drives me back into the house. And when I close the door to block the wind, I feel like I’m in a box. Perhaps; when we need to replace the existing garage door, we can buy one that has some windows in it. I want to be able to look out to the west and see the snow covered Humboldt Range at this time of the year.

I have the same feeling about our front door. I feel trapped by it. The entry way has stained glass on each side of that door, but you can only see shadows through the glass. I would like a door that allows me to see something beyond it; anything would be better than that grim barrier of wood. And we should have a screen door there as well; so that we can open the house to the flow of fresh air in the mornings.

One of the things that I am doing in the garage is throwing things away. That is a difficult task for me. It’s genetic of course. My father didn’t like to throw things away and so here I am, his son, faced with a painful decision; National Geographic’s? Out or in? Not that the decision making will end with the magazines; oh, no…I have a whole garage filled with those kinds of choices. All painful. Curses! Why did I ever begin watching the Road Show on PBS?

No comments:

Post a Comment