Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Evolution

of the American Front Porch
My sister probably doesn't have the same feeling towards porches that I have...being 6+ years younger, she might have missed the era of the porch. I can still remember the wonderful front porch of my cousin's grandmother's house. It was in Glendale and just a few doors away from our own Nana's apartment. The porch had glider on it and it was deeply shaded, so comfortable! A great place to spend a hot summer afternoon. Unless you were running through the sprinklers!

And Orland has porches! The city has many, very old houses and most of the interesting ones have great porches. If I were to build or buy again, (not foreseeable!) I would have a porch.

I will have to spend some time with my camera and see if I can't get a few good Orland Porch Shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment