Monday, March 20, 2006

Out Like a Lamb

It’s a Monday morning and according to the weather report, it will be another rainy day. What’s happening? This is the first day of spring and we deserve sunshine, not rain! Who’s in charge of this anyway?

OK, I do know…but I can still wish for a nicer day.

My plans call for a good walk this morning, even if it rains. Then a return to the garage projects. I did get the lawn mowed yesterday (or is it mown?) and I fertilized it. And since I will be in Chico, perhaps I should stop and buy fertilizer for the orchard as well. It’s that time of year.

An update on the portable greenhouse disaster: Gourds have survived. Which ones? I don’t know, perhaps some of both varieties. I will plant them and find out what I have later this summer. And apparently no place is safe from the swirling winds. After the second spill, I pushed the greenhouse into the space between the supply room and the bathroom door, thinking that little alcove would be out of the wind. I came out later to find that the wind had removed the clear vinyl enclosure from the greenhouse, forcing it up and off of the frame. I’m going to have to re-think this whole “greenhouse” idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment