Sunday, March 19, 2006

Saturday Recap

Sunday is here. And Saturday was a winner. I wonder if this Sunday can top it? The sun is going to shine today and that will help to make it memorable.

The day (Saturday) started out well. We didn’t have to wait too long for the newspaper to arrive. Always a good omen. And after that we were off to our watercolor class. After a hesitant start, I think we both found our creative “voices” and for me, the painting just flowed from my mind to the brush. As Laurae said, “It’s hard to be artistic on demand.” And so it’s a real joy for both of us when it just happens.

Afterwards, we met Alicia and went to the Chico Home and Garden show at the fairgrounds. And I can report that it was much better this year than last. In 2005, we were wet and cold and searching everywhere, in vain, for a garden display and a cup of hot coffee. Coffee was not required this weekend! Lots of interesting displays and only six (6) chiropractors were hustling the crowds for business. Denise was there as well, displaying the offerings from the Little Red Hen Nursery.

After seeing all that we needed to see at the fairgrounds, we left and went to Glazed Creations, a “U-Decorate” pottery store, where we spent some time being creative once again. I decorated a unique looking cup that I hope to make an integral part of my large mosaic project. Now I have to wait 4 or 5 days before going back to the store and picking up the finished cup. And while we were busy glazing, I saw some blank tiles and other shapes that might be fun to decorate for the mosaic wall.

Then it was time for dinner with the grandchildren. A good time! And Kevin showed me how his new Traeger smoker/barbecue works. It’s definitely a machine for the serious outdoor cook.

We were home by 8:30, after a most satisfying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment