Friday, March 17, 2006

WWJD

Friday has arrived in its usual fashion and I see by the newly installed wireless remote temperature sensor that it is 45° outside. And 67° inside. Ah, technology! I love it.

What will that knowledge do for me? Not much; as when it comes time for me to go out and seek the newspaper, I will do it in my usual fashion and not dress appropriately.
     
I just read that the World Baseball Classic is over for the United States. Mexico defeated the USA team, 2-1. That leaves Japan, South Korea, Cuba and the Dominican Republic as the final four. Does that tell us anything about steroids? Or money?

And, according to the news; Friday, more than 20,000 supporters of a radical Islamic group held a peaceful rally against the publication of Prophet Muhammad cartoons in an eastern Pakistan city and accused the government of being "soft" on the West over the controversy. Pakistan; that’s the country that already owns more than a few nuclear bombs. And it’s the country that has shared that technology with North Korea, among others. Yet, Bush says Iran is the bigger threat to world peace?

And this…“Prominent leaders from the Christian right have warned Republicans they must do more to advance conservative values ahead of the US mid-term elections.” Perhaps they should ask what would Jesus do? And they should ask it more often.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure Jesus wouldn't advocate forced wealth redistrobution. He would however advocate almsgiving and charity.
    As for the so called religious right we will have to have a discussion about them.

    I don't believe Jesus would be an advocate of a strictly liberal or conservative ideology, instead He would ask conservatives and liberals to pick up their crosses and follow Him.

    I think we could all do better focusing on what Jesus has done. Man I tear up when I think of how much God loves us. Look around the planet, at your own heart and ask why God would take the flesh, suffer and die, and rise again for us. It is beyond human expression and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus told us what He thought of wealth. He considered it a stumbling block. And yes, picking up that cross is the most difficult thing that anyone would attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Jesus tells us wealth can not save us, that the LOVE of money is idolatry. However never are we told that the wealthy are bad. It is how wealth is used, the dependency on wealth, etc. Jesus was not for forced wealth redistrobution, He is very liberatarian in this regard, he wants a willing heart.

    I believe that corporations are souless entities that are not always the friend of the consumer or the nation. I do not have a problem with regulation, the older I get the more need I see for it. I worry about the knucleheads we have in Washington doing the regulating. We need better representation.

    ReplyDelete