Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

Friday has arrived once again. Only this time it’s Good Friday, only two more days till Easter. And this year we hope to find the sunrise services on Easter morning. Last year, we followed the instructions but were never able to find the turnoff to the site near Black Butte Lake. I think I will start out a little earlier this year, giving myself a better chance of recovery from any navigation errors.

I picked up our new mower yesterday. I also tried it out and that was probably a mistake. Beside the fact of my being a clumsy driver, the grass was far too wet and so I left some divots in the landscaping. But it seemed like such a nice day; I really couldn’t stop myself from mowing a little bit of grass. The divots will heal.

Yesterday’s paper had a great photo of the two Democrats running for governor, Angelides and Westly. They were photographed at a school, seated on kindergarten sized chairs while they tried to entertain some youngsters by singing a song that included hand movements. The children looked bored while the candidates tried to appear earnest. Imagine yourself as a child…what would you think of these two guys who show up in your classroom, wearing serious suits and followed by a crowd of strange and noisy people with cameras and microphones? I thought the candidates looked silly, but the children weren’t cracking a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment