Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Heat Wave

Wednesday is here and I’m awake at a more normal hour. Normal for me. And I just looked at the weather forecast; nothing normal about that! It tells me that we can see 90° on Friday. What will all of this sudden heat do to the crops? And speaking of crops, my orchard is already afflicted with a severe outbreak of Peach Leaf Curl. I don’t feel alone in this as I see it everywhere in the valley. Even the big orchards that had the best of care are affected. I just hope my trees will survive. On the plus side, it only affects the peaches and nectarines. But my favorite, the Red Haven peach has a severe case, while the new one, the white peach is unaffected?

3 comments:

  1. We still have sevaral months before we see 90's. Well that is in a normal year. Who knows nowadays.

    Renee had a Moose wander into her school this morning. It was quite the exciting day for her. It peeked into her computer lab. I will be driving alot slower at night now that I know there is a moose around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normal year? We seem to be out of "normal" years anymore.

    A moose makes for a pretty memorable day! I hope to see one when I go to Alaska in June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are a common sight here. I had to chase a young bull off when I was a kid. He wanted to follow us across a railroad bridge.

    ReplyDelete