Monday, April 17, 2006

Here, kitty!

Another Monday has arrived. This one is different from the Monday’s past as there is supposed to be abundant sunshine around for us to enjoy. I guess I will believe it when I see it. Which should be in just about an hour?

The cat has joined me this morning, a little bit earlier than usual and she is trying to keep me focused on her needs; head scratches and belly rubs. She is quite insistent and pesters me by winding around my feet and occasionally slapping my leg with an open paw while meowing at a great rate and high volume. OK, OK, she wins.

She seems to be satisfied now and is purring contentedly after one of our usual wrestling matches where she gets to grab my hand and in a display of kitty savagery, she mock bites and scratches until I give in. Even though she is only playing, I still ended up with a few marks on my hand when she got a little bit carried away. I’m just glad she’s not serious!

Kyle and Karlee were here last night and once again the cat has disappointed them. Although she is pretty bold with me, she does her best to avoid strangers. They tried getting her to come and play with them but that is not in her repertoire; hiding is more her style. Introverted cat and introverted owner…no wonder we like each other! Not that I avoid strangers, I only avoid crowds. And I can’t help but remember that Meghan was here the other day and she was easily able to pick up the cat and hold her. Introvert.

Oops! Here she comes again; ready for a re-match!

No comments:

Post a Comment