Friday, April 21, 2006

It Is Friday

Friday. End of the week, if you are part of the working world. Which I’m not. And I was reminded of that this morning when I received a note from Jack, a fellow instructor at PCG, where I used to work. And as I read it, I couldn’t help but be thankful that “I’m not the man I used to be.” Nope, I’m not that guy at all anymore!

But I have to admit that found his recapping of the latest corporate news to be very interesting. I only had a 16 year investment in the company but that’s enough to make a permanent dent in your psyche, and a certain fondness for your fellow employees.

On a different subject. This recent move by Hughes (Direcway) to change e-mail addresses is a real pain! And completely unnecessary. So I’m going to be very busy this morning as I try to change my own e-mail address at all of the “important” locations. Some I won’t bother with; let them try to find me! And some I will probably forget to change and then be disappointed when I stop receiving mail.

Of course I have to receive my news! I can’t do without that…New York Times, Los Angeles Times and the Christian Science Monitor. All are world class newspapers and their e-mail news is just as good. Back in the day…when I was working in Connecticut and New Jersey, I looked forward to starting the day with a copy of the New York Times in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. And it disappoints me that most of the coffee shops in Chico don’t carry the Times; only Starbucks (the enemy!) has the good sense to provide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment