Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Musings

It begins again. Another day and this time I’m awake at a later hour for some reason. Was it the dreams that had me so fascinated that I didn’t want to wake up? It could have been. I haven’t been in the back of a bus for many years, but there I was…in my dream. And very reluctant to move over into the dreaded far corner of the back seat, where the roof curves down and really compresses the available space. What was that all about? Where was the bus going and why was I on it?

And since I’m awake at such a late hour I haven’t had a chance to wake up a little bit before beginning this entry. I usually browse through a few e-mails and take a look at the world news before I begin to type and I didn’t take much more than a minute to do that this morning. I do have my coffee in hand and that’s pretty much typical for any morning.

My plans for the day have to include a long walk in the park. Since our weekend plans were derailed because of rain, I need to get back on track with the training program and I don’t have that many days left. I feel like we will be in good shape for the Mayor’s marathon in Anchorage, but the Redwoods race has me worried. The mind plays a very important part in the race l and I may be worried for nothing. With the right mental attitude, I can do anything. Even going 26.2 miles when my body says. “Please, no more…stop!”

And my cat is giving me a bad time this morning. She is full of energy and wants to play while I want to type. So she pesters me, standing up to put her paws on my leg and meowing loudly; when I reach down to pet her, she attacks. And when I get up to get a cup of coffee, she races down the hallway ahead of me and then waits in ambush for me to pass, so that she can leap out and swat my ankles. Crazy cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment