Friday, April 21, 2006

Time For a Change

As I read about the upcoming elections, I can’t help but be disappointed in the choices for the position of Governor. It’s sad to see how shallow they all are. Yes, I know that perception is my reality and I may have it wrong. But the choices! Angelides is a Sacramento insider, Arnold is an “actor” and always will be, while Westly is…I’m not sure yet? He’s a cipher. We really need a candidate with the stature to go along with the job.  

And it’s even more of a need on the national level. C’mon…is there anyone on the list of possible candidates that makes you think, “Yes! This is the one!” We really should expect more. And we should demand more! Look at what we have now, a failed businessman with a shady past. Held the ceremonial office of Governor and has a family background that…well, enough about that.

It’s time for a change and I decided, after thinking about it for 5 minutes…that I’m running for the office of President in 2008. I’m starting now, as are all of the rest of the big names. I don’t want to be left behind…And my campaign promise? “I won’t be like the last guy! Honest.” Maybe I better work on that?

1 comment:

  1. Angelides??????......

    That guy is a hack who likes to play the Role of Greek when it benefits him politicaly. Sadly I bet many of my former parishoners will vote for the guy even though he is at odds with the church he almost never attends (unless he is given a platform to speak, eg. the enthronement of Metropolitan Gerasimos).

    Maines govenor is not well liked by even democrats but I have a soft spot for the guy because he hasn't become a left wing wacko yet and even fought against a pay raise that the GOP was trying to give him.

    I still think no matter who is elected in Calif the state will be in big trouble. Maybe if Mclintock could get elected and stick to his fiscal principles but then that will never happen in California.

    ReplyDelete