Monday, April 24, 2006

We're On Our Way

It’s done…I made the reservations (on-line) for our Anchorage trip in June. And what a terrible experience it was! I used AAA as my travel agent; after all, I pay a yearly fee for all of their services and travel booking is one of those services. But I would have been better off going to the AAA office in person. The pages loaded slower than most sites and every page had a non-secure item on it, so I was asked (each and every time) if I wanted to continue? Of course I did! What did they think I was doing there? Window shopping? Grrr!

I wonder why more companies don’t spend more time examining the successful web sites and then model their own on what they have seen? But no, they re-invent the wheel each time and it ends up slower and confusing.

How about Southwest Airlines and Amazon as models?

No comments:

Post a Comment