Monday, May 1, 2006

Loser

Another Monday has arrived, in the usual manner. And although it’s still spring, the weather is very summery. I’m actually checking the pool temperature each day, hoping to see the magic number “80” on the thermometer. And this morning I decided to turn on a few of the overhead fans and let them mix in some cool air from the outside. Very pleasant.

I was reading about the new movie United 93 the other day and I’m afraid that I have a very different opinion of this movie than most of the reviewers. No, I haven’t seen it nor will I. What every reviewer misses is the fact that the audience will pay money to enter the theater and take a seat. They will buy their popcorn and candy. The money will then go to some corporation and become part of a profit/loss statement. The reviewers can speak quite eloquently about the “gritty” and “real” aspects of the film, but the reality is that it was filmed to make a profit and nothing less. If the producers thought for one moment that it would be a “loser”, it would never have been made. Well, I’m not contributing…the passengers deserved better.

No comments:

Post a Comment