Monday, May 15, 2006

A Treat

Monday morning. All is well…so far. Except that my Outlook reminder function is nagging me to buy filters for the Forced Air unit. OK, OK, I will. And I should, as the air conditioner is beginning to be used once again now that the temperatures are reaching into the 90’s.

We have been receiving quite a few recorded political messages on our answering machine. I wonder if anyone has done a study on the effectiveness of these? As far as I’m concerned, they create a negative feeling towards the candidate. But then again, how many candidates can claim any positive feelings towards themselves? Of course their campaign manager, and sometimes their spouse, loves them…but any others?

And we heard from Bill and Jill while they were traveling in Oregon this weekend. They paid $3.07 a gallon for gasoline and that includes an attendant pumping it in and then washing the windshields. Of course the gasoline pumping is a given in Oregon, but the windshield washing was a nice touch. With gasoline approaching $3.50 again in California, even mowing the lawn becomes a financial decision. But I did find the money and time to mow the orchard yesterday. A real treat! The new mower does it in half the time, easily. And with a great deal of fun. Just watch out for the low hanging limbs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment