Thursday, June 22, 2006

Da Vinci

The Code…yes, I read it while traveling to Alaska last week and now I have passed it on to another to read. And I’m simply amazed that anyone found this book to be a threat to their faith. It was very much an “airplane book”, a description I used to use for the books I would buy to while away the hours in the airport and airplane; a book that you could forget in the seat back pocket and say, “Oh…well” when you discovered it missing and then go on with your life as if nothing had happened…because nothing had.

It’s much like the “Left Behind” series, poorly written, with odd dialogue. Do people really talk that way? And it seemed obvious, even after the fact, that it had been written for the sole purpose of being sold as a movie. In that way it reminded me very much of the James Bond books by Ian Fleming.

The furor over the book has to be the work of a publicist…and whoever did it deserves a raise in pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment