Friday, June 2, 2006

Safety First

Friday is here. And I’m looking out the window at a cloudy sky. The cloud cover has made for a much warmer morning; 67° and climbing. The forecast; high 80’s and low 90’s for the next week and that will make the garden explode. The tomatoes are coming!

Of course the weather will also accelerate the growth of the grass and that means I will have to mow more often…which is a good thing! I do love to mow with my new ZTR mower. What fun!

And it’s not just grass and tomatoes that are growing. I continue to thin the grapes (daily) and I see that the pomegranates already need bracing. Yesterday I pruned the walnut trees and the persimmon as well. They had grown down so low to the ground that mowing around them was becoming dangerous. Well, maybe it was dangerous because of the speed I was traveling at. Perhaps I should wear my bicycle helmet?

No comments:

Post a Comment