Monday, June 5, 2006

Strange?

An oddity…I have a meter on this page that records the number of times someone lands here and it also records how many page views, how long on each page and various other odd bits of data. So one day as I was looking at the statistics, I noticed that I could also find out where the recent visitors were from. OK, not really; what I could find was the location of the server that they were using. I pulled up the data and was surprised at how detailed it was. If I wanted to I could even populate a world map with little dots representing the visitors and their locations.

Here they are. This is just for the past 80 visitors and I took out the repeats. Vina was in there about 10 times and so was Linn Creek, Missouri. Of course some of those locations had to be “me”, though I don’t have any idea as to where Hughes.net keeps their server. This is a satellite service, but I know there’s no server floating around in space. I’m thinking maybe it’s in Linn Creek?

Plano, Texas
Vina, California
San Leandro, California
Cockeysville, Maryland
Linn Creek, Missouri
United Kingdom Cross, Eilean Siar
Germany Leutersberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
Newburgh, New York
Bridgeport, Pennsylvania
Los Angeles, California
Charleston, South Carolina
United Kingdom Nottingham
Carlsborg, Washington
Chico, California
Washington, District of Columbia
Orem, Utah
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Rancho Cordova, California
Japan
Clam Gulch, Alaska
Charlotte, North Carolina
San Diego, California
Elk Grove, California
Seattle, Washington
New Knoxville, Ohio
Singapore, Dakar
Trenton, New Jersey
Cincinnati, Ohio
Cottonwood, California
Orono, Maine
Washington, District of Columbia
Chinle, Arizona
West Frankfort, Illinois
Montgomery, Alabama
Pahrump, Nevada
Downey, California
Blacklick, Ohio
Keswick, Virginia
Phoenix, Arizona
Sacramento, California
Lexington, Massachusetts
Cedarville, California

I am a little worried about the two from Washington, DC…who was that?



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:57 AM

    Nice stats! A lot of readers from pretty interesting places. Do these people do word searches or blog searches to wind up on your site? Not sure how that all works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:56 PM

    and you thought noone was listening...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:00 PM

    now Cedarville is the one you should be worried about...

    ReplyDelete