Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tripping

Wednesday has arrived and right on time. This is going to be a busy day as we prepare for our trip north to Alaska. And this trip will be a test for me as well; going without access to a computer for 5 days. I have decided that I really don’t want to lug that heavy laptop through the airports and onto planes. That was something I had to do back in the days when I depended on my laptop for…everything! But, if they made a full featured computer that weighed about a pound, I could be tempted.

Of course I just might find an internet cafĂ© in Anchorage…for a cappuccino (wet) and some fresh e-mail.

In place of a computer, I’m going to bring along some books. Probably just as heavy as a laptop but without the need for a “brick”, a “wall wart” and an outlet to power it up. I want to finish Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin. And I bought a copy of the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown to read. Surprisingly, this is a small book. How did something so small cause so much controversy? Small minds, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment