Sunday, July 30, 2006

The End

Can you believe it? July is almost over with. For some reason it seemed to fly by. That is one of the hazards associated with aging. And right now, with the twins sleeping in the other room, I’m very much aware of aging. How did I get to be so old?

I will do my best to avoid writing about the weather this morning. I will simply enjoy it.

I noticed the first ads of the political season by Phil Angelides seem to make a big deal of the fact that our acting governor is “an actor”! Cheap shots…those are the kinds of things that the public can say (me!) but we should expect better from the politicians. We really need facts and not rhetoric. I guess facts don’t fit well into a 30 second TV spot.

Other news… “Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Sunday she is "deeply saddened by the terrible loss of innocent life," after an attack on a village in southern Lebanon. But she did not call for an immediate cease-fire in the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah militias.” But not saddened enough to call off the “pit bull”.

Here is what those in Palestine have to say about foreign aid… and here’s what those in Israel have to say. Well, I couldn’t find a pro-Israel site that included a plea for more defense money. Apparently the Israel lobby keeps quiet about it. I did find this one though. This is another one of those issues that requires facts and not rhetoric. But most people already have their minds made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment