Saturday, July 1, 2006

Headlines

Ah! Coffee…so good! This first cup is going to disappear in a hurry. Now it’s time for one more cup and this one is to sip on while the rush of caffeine does its job of waking up the neurons and alerting the synapses to the fact that life has begun once more.

As usual, I’m looking at the headlines at this early hour. Every once in awhile I get a chance to laugh when I read them (not often enough) and this morning I read this one, “In Memphis, Two Heads of Government Visit the Home of Rock 'n' Roll Royalty President Bush and Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi of Japan paid a visit to Graceland on Friday”  Now, I have been to Memphis more than a few times and I have always found it quite easy to resist any temptation to visit Graceland. But Bush and Koizumi? These are the leaders of their nations? But it was not all fun and games for these two; they got to eat some serious barbecue. “The prime minister was later treated to lunch at the Rendezvous, the downtown barbecue restaurant…” I can tell you that the ribs at the Rendezvous are definitely serious.

Other headlines? “Farecast, an airfare search engine, predicts how much the price of an airline ticket will rise or fall over the coming days...” I think I will give it a try. We’re going to Albuquerque in September and so far I’ve been unable to find a real cheap fare. Maybe there are no more cheap ones, but I need to keep looking. (Darn! It’s in private Beta…so it’s back to www.bookingbuddy.com for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment