Monday, July 24, 2006

Nothing New

Bad morning! Stupid coffee pot! Everything has been working smoothly for some time now, but this morning the coffee pot decides to brew a ½ cup of coffee and then call it quits. Good enough, it says. That’s it. Nada mas. It even had the nerve to sound off with the normal “beeps” to signal me that it had accomplished its task. Not!

I pulled the plug and now I’m waiting…so it’s time for me to look at the news while I debate (heatedly!) over my coffee options.

The weather, of course, is the big news in California. 81° at 4 in the morning is not normal. And according to the reports, it will be at least 5 more days before the high temperature drops below 100° during the day. I can’t even use the fans to cool off the house in the early morning as the inside and outside temps are only a degree or two different. We have our A/C thermostat set for 82° and the current temperature won’t provide much relief.

Other news? (But not war news…I’m not ready) There is this item that I found interesting, Ruthless Focus on the Customer. From the Mini Cooper to Whole Foods, companies and brands are discovering how superior customer experience keeps 'em coming back for more.

Now there’s a “duh!” moment. It’s funny how generation after generation keeps re-discovering the fact that customers like to be treated well.

I guess I can’t ignore World War III. It knocks, insistently on my consciousness.

Israel warns it will hit 10 buildings for every rocket fired
Khaleej Times - JERUSALEM – “The Israeli air force is under orders to blast 10 buildings in south Beirut, a Hezbollah stronghold, for every rocket the Shiite militant group fires at the Israeli port of Haifa, army radio said Monday."

And what will that accomplish? Ironically, it’s the same tactic that the Germans used during World War II. I guess that proves that there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to human cruelty.

And now this… “White House officials said President Bush remains opposed to an immediate cease-fire to stop violence in the Middle East, despite personal pleas from ally Saudi Arabia that he help stop the bloodshed.”

Doesn’t that tell you everything you need to know about the man?

OK, enough news. It looks like I will be heading to the park this morning without my usual dose of coffee. A good thing? It sure doesn’t feel like it! But once I get started on the circuit and begin to sweat…I will have other things on my mind beside caffeine.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I don't know when you are being sarcastic or serious. You do understand that the Saudi's care about the stability of their kingdom and any act by Israel only inflames the wacky fundamentalist who want the Saudi family overthrown.

    So you didn't want Bush sticking his nose into Iraq but now you want him sticking his nose into Israeli soverignty. I'm not sure I get you Steve. I am begining to think you just hate Bush and if he solved the AIDS problem tommorow you would blame him for overlooking some other disease.

    The mess in the Middle East will be resolved but it will be when Christ returns on the clouds. I watched Syriana last night. I thought is did a great job showing the complexity of the Middle East and the world. George W. Bush is just like you and me but with a tougher job. I hope you are praying for him because all of our leaders need our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One, Israel is not sovereign. Israel is our "pit bull" and like most dogs of that type, rarely under our control, though still our responsibility. Yes, I expect Bush to do anything and everything to stop the killing. That's what leaders are supposed to do.

    Still think Israel is a sovereign nation? Ask them to give up our military aid. Ask them to give up all aid. Tell the Israeli lobbyists that they have to play by the same rules as everyone else...

    Good doggy! Now lie down...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two, I'm not playing "what if". Bush won't solve the AIDS problem or anything else that requires compassion.

    And my prayers are for the people of this world, the ordinary people whose lives are at risk because of the decisions made by "leaders".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news Steve, Israel is beginging to produce it's own weapons. Much of the ammo shot through American made weapons is now being produced in Israel. Don't for get that the reative armour technology we use on our M-1's is Israeli.

    Israel is nit our Pitbull, it is our whore, and not by choice. It is a client state like so many other nations. It bothers me that som many of the liberal jews in this country can vote in both Israel and the US.

    The decider has decided to allow Israel some time to weaken Hezbollah.

    ReplyDelete