Tuesday, August 1, 2006

More Music

All of this music and memories made me think that I should put together a list of my favorites and so here it is, a partial list and in no particular order.

Iris Dement
Laura Love
Charlotte Church (the “old” Charlotte…not sure I like the new one)
Maybelle Carter
Ledward Kaapana
Gipsy Kings
Béla Fleck and The Flecktones
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Ray Charles
Esther Ofarim
Santana
Pink Floyd
Carlos Montoya
Ken Nordine
Maria Muldaur
Miriam Makeba
Holly Near
Hot Club of France

I suppose that’s enough for now. I didn’t include any of my symphonic favorites as there are far too many artists to include today.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 PM

    WHERE IS GILLIAN WELCH??? Hello...I'm hooked on her now...BTW...Maria Muldaur is coming to CHICO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're right, I overlooked her. But...this was only a partial list. I have far too many favorites; more than I can keep track of.

    ReplyDelete