Monday, August 7, 2006

Weather

The day begins. Life in the slow lane. Not that there isn’t plenty to do, I certainly have a long list of tasks as well as wishes. It’s just that my priorities are somewhat re-ordered from what they were ten years ago. In fact, my priorities change every day! That’s something that INFP personality types are infamous for.

Now, what was on my To-Do list for today? Can’t remember. I guess I will have to make it up as I go along.

One item that needs doing is garden work; weeding and all of that dreary stuff. But, one of the brighter spots in the gardening day would be mowing, as I really enjoy my new mower. The wind in my hair and a long trail of grass clippings behind me.

Whoa! Just as I typed about the wind…a gust came along and in through the open window. Do we have a change in the weather? According to the forecast, nothing special will happen today.

And I just ran across this item in the Los Angeles Times…
Trading with the former enemy
Three decades after the last American helicopter flew into the Saigon sunrise, the final milestone in the U.S. reconciliation with Hanoi is within reach. There is no reason to wait any longer. Congress should expedite the extension of permanent normal trade relations to Vietnam.

Imagine that! Thirty years has passed and we’re still waiting for the Kissinger Domino Theory to come to pass. And there are still those in this country who would be quite happy to begin bombing Hanoi once again. Just to prove some obscure point.

And what’s this? It’s raining! And quite heavily as well. So now I know where the gust of wind came from. Of course there is nothing in the forecast about rain, but we will take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment