Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ah!

Home again. There’s no place like it; a place where I can enjoy my favorite cup of coffee early in the morning while I sift through all of the news. We, or I should say, “I” went without a computer for four days and although we had a television available for use full-time, we watched the Weather Channel. OK, we did watch HGTV on Sunday night, but I fell asleep before it was over.

What I found amazing to me (among many things…) were the number of WiFi hot spots along the way. If I had brought our computer with us, I could have been connected everywhere we stopped. Airports, hotels, coffee shops…even seemingly remote Taos was a WiFi center with free access everywhere. But Orland or Chico? Nope. So it was nice to see that the rest of the world was becoming connected and who knows, maybe we will be someday.

I should report that the flights home were much better than the ones on Thursday. In Albuquerque, the agent at USAir made us feel very welcome and by the time we finished checking in for our flight, we were smiling at the great experience. Thursday, the Sacramento agent seemed determined to challenge us to have a good time. He was scowling throughout the time he grudgingly accepted our business.

Even with one good experience, the feeling of relief at exiting the airport system is tremendous. I suppose that is how one feels after being released from jail.

The only thing that I need now is to rescue my cat from her cage at the veterinarian’s office. We arrived home too late to secure her release and so I will try to be there as soon as they open. But…I also need to get to the park and get in a few good miles of walking. I think I had better walk first. There aren’t many training days left (about a week) before we must drive to Portland for the marathon. And of course we must drop off the cat once again…luckily; she doesn’t seem to hold a grudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment