Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Danger!

I’m fully awake and waiting for the “magic” hour of 6 so that I can go up to the canal and start the flood irrigation process. We’re getting close to the end of the season now; no one wants water once the walnuts begin to drop and that will be in a few weeks. Some walnuts are already on the ground and the ground squirrels are already busy hiding them.

I have a busy morning ahead of me; first, the irrigation process and then I have to take a load of prunings to the dump. With the truck empty, I can go to the Chico library and pick up a load of books for the Orland Friends of the Library…we’re having the semi-annual book sale in a few weeks. Then I have to start packing for our early morning departure on Thursday. Plus, I have to sneak up on the cat and somehow get her into the transporter for a ride over to the vet’s office where she will stay while we’re away. This may be the most dangerous part of the day!

While waiting on my appointment with the water, I ran across this page that details all of the world’s earthquake activity. A most impressive map!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Yesterday I tried to get Spanky in a cat carrier for a trip to get a bath and hair cut. All he heard was the slight tinny noise of the latch opening and he was gone! Under the bed and behind boxes. We had to cancel the appointment. That cat is way too smart. Tip...Open the cat carrier in the garage and take the cat to it.

    ReplyDelete