Thursday, September 7, 2006

Odds and Ends

I made that same mistake again; gardening without long sleeves. And I’m paying for it this morning as I scratch a thousand itches. No, make it a million! And although I took a shower about 30 minutes after the event, it wasn’t soon enough.

It looks like a repeat of yesterday as once more I’m enjoying a good cup of coffee while listening to a new collection of flamenco and classical guitar music that I have downloaded.

I’m going out for a 13 mile walk this morning; I should make that a little more than a half marathon distance, perhaps 14 miles. Racing; it’s all in the mind and so it’s very important to make certain that you exceed the “normal” distances. Never stop at 5K, go just a little bit further.

It’s time to scan the news this morning. And yesterday I noticed that while we have given up on regular reading of the newspapers and have abandoned our television set, we are better informed than we would be if we had continued our subscriptions. I can’t pass a news stand without looking at the headlines of the various papers and I keep seeing headlines that are at least a day old as far as I’m concerned. And yesterday, I saw a headline from the local paper that was at least 4 days old! Internet news rocks! But there are some negatives to living without a physical newspaper; I was going to do some spray painting and had nothing to put down on the garage floor. And I do miss the comics…

I’m looking at the weather forecast and that’s not very encouraging. 99° is the forecast high for the day. Darn! I was hoping to see something a little cooler. We’re having our sprinkler system repaired and some parts of it are no longer operational; this heat doesn’t help the lawn at all.

OK, no good news…World War III continues as usual, and if you weren’t paying attention, it wouldn’t be noticed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment