Thursday, September 14, 2006

Venting

Due to an emergency we had to modify our travel plans…the flight to New Mexico fell victim to bad luck. And so I thought that by calling America West and telling them of our problem, they would be helpful enough to give us tickets for a later flight. Sure, there would be a charge for that service and I expected it. Our original tickets, two of them…cost us a total of $620.

Sure enough, they could get us to New Mexico by 8:30 tonight and we would return on the same tickets that were originally issued. Price for this service? $391 EACH. Or $782 for the two of us. On top of the $620…and the only tickets that changed were the outbound ones.

Mad? You bet! That’s not an exorbitant fee; which I expected. That is gouging and should be punished.

OK, at this point we’re out of pocket some money…and that’s what I hope will happen to America West/Usair. If I can convince just one person to avoid that airline, I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment