Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Milk, please...

The morning is starting off on an unusual note; I can smell bread baking! I’m trying out a bread making machine that my daughter loaned me and the machine lets you decide when you would like to experience the magnificent aroma of freshly baked bread. I chose 5 AM and it’s just starting into the baking cycle and the aroma is not quite the fully developed…but it soon will be! Is there any perfume that can match that of fresh bread?

The bread making experience started when I visited the local Craigslist and spotted a bread making machine for just $25. Well, I guess it really started when I looked at the machine that my friend Alex had sitting on his kitchen counter. With the arrival of fall, the idea of freshly baked bread seemed appropriate.

I seem to have developed a Craigslist habit during the past week. It’s like an on-demand garage sale without the driving. I visit the “General” for sale section twice a day, plus the “Tools” and “Household” areas. Yes, they even have a “Garage Sale” section. And I have read once again that newspapers are feeling the effects of Craigslist on their advertising revenues; especially in the large cities. There is something to be said about the unusual concept of “free” advertising. Also, more and more people are becoming skilled enough to include photos of the items for sale and that’s a real plus!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:42 AM

    We put our treadmill on Craigslist yesterday, and within 10 minutes I had an inquiry. After 1 hour I had 4 inquiries and before anyone has seen it, I have had 7 inquiries all for a very uncomplicated posting. Compared to EBAY it is a snap to list stuff and the response has been incredible.

    ReplyDelete