Thursday, October 26, 2006

Words have power

Whenever I begin to type a little bit faster than normal, my fingers will sometimes hit keys that “shortcut” me to a specific Word program function. And oddly enough, I think I hit one a few minutes ago that enabled the speech recognition software. If the microphone hears a sound, it tries to recognize it as a word and it automatically types it for you. I didn’t know this function was on but I must have coughed and sure enough, some words appeared on the screen. Not words that sound like a cough…just my computers best guess at it. I will try it again; saying the words, “Hello. My name is Steve.” Oops, “Bill limiting is the.” was the result of that test. OK, another test; Hello = Hello. (Good job!) Good = Good. Job = You will? OK, I give…now how do I turn it off?

No comments:

Post a Comment