Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Brrr!

The coldest part of the morning is drawing near; it’s already 31° and going lower, down to 25°. Since I recently had to remove the “wishing well” structure over the well piping, there is some risk of freezing for the exposed pipes. I certainly don’t need a frozen pipe! So I have taken the easy way out and placed our large ice chest, upside down and open, over the pipes. I just have to remind myself that it’s not a permanent solution.

I have finished Thomas Friedman’s book, “The World is Flat”. It took awhile to read; not because it isn’t interesting…it is! In fact, I read a lot of it twice. I’m afraid that Mr. Friedman’s writing style is not my favorite. He ordinarily writes newspaper columns, opinion pieces, and so every few paragraphs felt like a column to me. And I would have to stop and digest it.

Writing style aside, the book is filled with great information about our 21st century world and how we all (that’s everyone!) fit into it. For those of us that recognize pervasive tribalism as the greatest threat we face in our world, this book validates our beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment