Tuesday, November 7, 2006

It's Over!

Election time is here; finally. I don’t know of anyone that isn’t glad to see the end of the campaign. If you didn’t already think your congressman was an idiot…you certainly should now. Although it is tempting to make predictions, I’m not going to. Both parties deserve to lose. And this election time has convinced me that becoming an independent voter was a smart move. I can’t imagine having my name linked in any way to either party. How embarrassing!

I suppose the worst part of the campaign has been the ugly rhetoric. That and the fact that they expect someone to believe it. Would anyone really listen to campaign “facts” and expect them to be true? I suppose so; or why would they spend the money on those kinds of ads? They know their audience well and it’s the “average” voter they are targeting; the voter who doesn’t do any research, watches network TV news and never reads more than the sports page.

The second worst part was the computerized telephone ad campaign with celebrities and politicians calling you with a recorded message. My first response to such a call is to make certain that I never vote for the person or proposition that is being touted via my phone. Clint Eastwood called during dinner time last week. Do you suppose I could find out where he’s eating this week and give him a call back?

No comments:

Post a Comment