Thursday, November 23, 2006

Morning Musings

(Early this AM) This is the day we were waiting for; Thanksgiving. And it will come with all of the usual menu items. The turkey is defrosted and waiting for the oven. I made the cranberry sauce last night and I may make another batch later today. (A different kind) There are still some pies to be made, stuffing to be baked and carrots to glaze. We have just about everything we need to make the day. If we don’t, who will notice?

(Later) I’m back from participating in the Jesus Center 5K race in Chico’s Bidwell Park and it was great! I have to do that one again next year.

So now that I’m back, the (empty) turkey is actually in the oven and the stuffing has been cooked and is waiting for the turkey to catch up. I have 3 or 4 recipes for the carrots and I’m still undecided as to which one to use, but I have 3 or 4 hours left before I have to decide. The pies have been baked and look great…that doesn’t leave much left to do. Let’s see; gravy and ?

No comments:

Post a Comment