Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Slowing down

What a day! Who said retirement was all about relaxing? OK; it’s true that I have the cat sitting in my lap right now and I’m checking out the latest news on CNN…but I was busy earlier. Apparently our well has sprung a leak and water is pouring out onto the grass. The repair guy showed up briefly and said that the “cute” wishing well structure would have to go. Then he left. So I took it down, using a chainsaw and ropes to pull the structure over. It’s been a couple of hours now and still no sign of the repair guy…And the firewood delivery showed up early and now I have a cord of almond wood to get stacked out back. And I made a run to the Chico library for the weekly book delivery. And I am almost finished with Bill’s pantry. And…I’m taking a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment