Sunday, December 31, 2006

Back to the...past?

The last day of the year is finally here and I can begin a new volume of my journal tomorrow. I’ve already created the file and built my first calendar (January) for it.

I suppose I could recap the year here; almost like a Christmas letter, but a week or two late.

January, ( I just drag the slider up to the top…) and I see that we had celebrated the New Year by attending a “New Year in Charleston” party at the church, where we dined on fried chicken and pecan pie. We’re going to do that again this year; only the locale is now Boston. We’re having baked beans, something else? and Laurae and I have volunteered to make four (4) Boston Cream pies…from scratch! Festivities are over at 9 PM, local time. Also, the month contained record amounts of rainfall and that had the authorities worried about the levees. Kitty and Dean came to visit and that was fun.

February was a time for Laurae’s birthday party, our 43rd anniversary and the Almond Blossom 5K walk; where I came in first (Men’s, Walk) Now I will have to defend my title this year. I was already well into my practice sessions for the first ½ marathon of the year, the Bidwell Classic in March. Followed by a total of three marathons this year. I’m proud of that!

There were some good entries regarding the cat. She had just become a member of the household a few months earlier and she was starting to earn her keep by catching a mouse that had plagued us for a week or two. She is still with us and we don’t see mice anymore. Nor do we see ground squirrels strutting about the patio area as they once did.

Do I really want to recap all of this? Nah! I can just open the file whenever I want and simply read the original entry. I do know that a lot has happened this year; that’s one of the reasons that I don’t feel like recapping it. Too much work!

On to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment