Thursday, December 14, 2006

Backup

A quiet morning; even the news is slow. So I have been busy trying to organize some of my files; a never ending task. And while I was doing that I found a bunch of files that I had moved over from my last computer but had never filed away in their new home. Better late than never. And while I was at it, I also downloaded a backup program to try. I need to make certain that I can survive a hard drive failure with as little pain as possible.

     I just finished reading a book about the 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago, the Columbian Exposition. Fascinating stuff despite the fact that the book wasn’t that well written. It made me wonder why we don’t have another “World’s Fair”? Was the last one in Seattle? No; it was in 1984 and in New Orleans. I guess it wasn’t that memorable.

From what I read, the Columbian Exposition was certainly memorable. With an attendance figure that equaled half the population of the country. And the majority of those citizens got a chance to see electric lights for the first time. And elevators. And best of all; a Ferris Wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment