Friday, December 29, 2006

What was I thinking?

Now that was scary! I just went out to the garage and picked up a piece of firewood. And on my way into the family room I stopped and opened the oven door. I was about to place the log in the oven! Why? I think it has a lot to do with similarity of functions. The oven door opens in much the same way as our woodstove. I have had the same experience with the trash can in the kitchen being mistaken for the clothes hamper, just a few feet away. They open the same way. Old age? I’m sure that’s part of it. So if I’m ever missing a favorite shirt, I can probably assume it’s in the Glenn County landfill.

Another thought on the same subject. I think it may be part of the Intuitive side of my personality type index. (MBTI) Intuitives don’t depend, as they should, on their senses.

You might say we're "sense-less"

No comments:

Post a Comment