Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chilling Out

What fun! We’re back to using wood heat once again. Something has gone wrong with the gas furnace and all we get is cool air from the registers. Not cold air, but tepid air that raises the temperature of the house by one degree every hour or so. By the time it starts to feel warm, ten hours have elapsed, the sun goes down and the chill returns. And the earliest time for repair is next Tuesday.

At this time of the morning, the cat will usually want to hang out with me here in the study, sleeping on my lap. Not this morning; as soon as I let her in she headed for a choice spot in front of the woodstove and has remained there ever since. As I walk by to get another cup of coffee, she will raise her head to greet me with a contented meow, but that is the full extent of her movements. She is not a fool.

Yes, I can see a need for another laptop computer. Then I could join her at the fire by using our wireless router to stay in contact with the storage drive and the internet. And I would be a few steps closer to the coffee as well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh but think of the exercise you'd be missing out on if you did that....

    ReplyDelete