Friday, February 23, 2007

Jack of all trades, master of none...

Web mastering is not all it’s cracked up to be… was it ever? But it is fascinating to see how much it has changed since I first experimented with it back in the 90’s. CSS is what’s used these days to expand on the basic HTML of a web page and so I’m tasked with learning how to use that.

And during this process of self instruction, I came across a CSS code editing program called Style Master. It’s most cool! With my typing skills slowly fading away each day as I age, I need a program that does the grunt work for me. I’ll just watch…

I learned to use HTML the old fashioned way by using Notepad and typing in all of the instructions. Boring. But it does teach you all about the keyboard shortcuts for Delete, Cut and Paste and a few other more obscure ones. Now I’m a fan of WYSIWYG programming (Coffee Cup HTML Editor) and only use code editing to trim some lengthy instructions.

And speaking of old fashioned, the web sites I’ve been working on lately have an old fashioned look that has got to go! Definitely 20th century. I need to do more reviewing of websites for the ‘look’ I want.

Suggestions, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment