Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Club

Not much to say this morning. What a relief! For both of us. But…I suppose as the coffee kicks in and the mind warms up to the task ahead, something will come along to fill in this blank piece of electronic ‘paper’.

I could always start with a little gossip. I was reading one of those disreputable left-wing blogs and ran across an article that informed me that Laura was going to divorce W just as soon as they left the White House. For a moment I felt like I was standing in line at Raley’s and reading the Star…

But, now that I think of it; where has Laura been lately? And the twins? Not a lot of news exposure for them lately. Are they being held prisoner in the White House basement, by Karl?

Speaking of bloggers, I read some of the comments that so called ‘Christians’ posted on the blog written by a former John Edwards staffer. I don’t remember her name but it isn’t about her anyway. It’s about freedom of speech and it’s apparent that some ‘Christians’ aren’t in favor of it. It’s amazing how people will behave when they believe that God has empowered them to be RIGHT at all times, while everyone else, or those that disagree are WRONG. But these are the same people that, due to a lack of intellect, can’t depend on logic and facts to prove a point; so they steal what they need from Christianity, using it like a club...and a shield.

No matter what the name of the religion; these same people can always be found right in the thick of things. Just change their names and the clothes they are wearing and they would fit right in…in any country and within any religion.

In an odd way, I guess this proves (to me) that, “God so loved the world…” For if He didn’t, we would really be in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment