Friday, March 30, 2007

Painful Lessons

Ouch! I smashed my finger yesterday and it’s throbbing this morning. And since it’s one of my two typing fingers, I’m going to be very slow today. Probably about half fast.

The news gets better every day as the news media finally realizes that they are supposed to investigate and report the news, not just take what the Administration hands out as press releases. But they have a lot to make up for. All of those “embedded” reporters should be ashamed of themselves! I think that the era of the investigative reporter is gone now, replaced by the “media for money” reporter.

As the presidential campaign moves forward, Bill Richardson looks better all of the time. One can only hope.

I was reading some of the comments left on the Old Bluejacket’s website and once again I was amazed (and scared) by the attitude of the so-called “patriots”. It’s their way or the highway! No dissension allowed. What kind of a country would that be if we all had to think alike? You’re free or you’re not. You can’t be a little bit free. Despite the odd comments, I did enjoy the photos of boot camp. Most were scanned from a book that I own as well. Every recruit received one when graduating. I copied most of the photos from the website and won’t have to take my own book apart to scan them.

OK, enough of the memories…on to the news of the day. The first thing that caught my eye was this, THE war in Iraq has been pursued with “an arrogant self-delusion reminiscent of Vietnam” and is “destroying our military”. No kidding. That’s something that has been said for the past 4 or 5 years and now someone notices? Amazing. If only someone in the administration had been a student of history we wouldn’t be in this position. It wouldn't have taken a Rhodes Scholar, just an average student could have pointed out the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment