Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Widgets

It will be at least a week before there’s another chance of rain. March is turning out to be a dud for rainfall. Yesterday’s soaking was slight, though welcome of course.

Despite the rainfall, I was able to get the truck loaded with yard trash; debris from the irrigation channel and prunings. And these all went to the dump instead of being burned. I’m usually frustrated by the burning process as the waste is always too green to burn completely in the spring and then it sits all summer long; in the way and unsightly. It costs $7 a truckload to dump, but at least it’s gone!

The herb garden is on its way back with only a few casualties from the freezing of winter. Some still look dead, but we’ll give them a few more weeks just to see if they might revive in the warmth of spring.

Have you run across Dealio? Apparently I allowed the program to be installed and then promptly forgot about it. Until I went shopping on-line. That was when the Dealio popup window appeared and told me that there were better deals to be had. Much better. Really? My first response was that I needed to uninstall the program…but I stopped before I did and debated with myself. Dealio had come up with better pricing. And it’s not as if I weren’t being tracked already by Google and Yahoo. For the time being I am allowing it to reside on my computer.

I was reading a PV advice column this morning and one question was, “What are widgets?”. Good question. And I can now tell you that Dealio is a widget. A small application that runs seamlessly in the background and provides a simple and useful function; usually just one function per widget. And this same column gave me the story about the new Adobe program, Apollo. Apollo will create widgets! Now if only I had bought stock in Adobe. It’s the software company I love to hate when I’m using some of their products, yet I admire the heck out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment