Thursday, April 26, 2007

Drip

Only in Orland. We had a bad day in the orchards yesterday as the irrigating process slowed to a trickle. It started out just fine and then it slowed enough to make me get in the car and go back up to the canal to see what was happening. Hmm? It all looked normal and when I returned, the water was flowing again. The whole process took about 90 minutes, which is normal enough. But a few hours later and after I was through, the neighbors down the ditch from me experienced the same thing. By the end of the day, there were at least 4 hostile water users demanding to know what was going on in the water district and calling for a meeting…which I declined to attend! When was the last time you saw a meeting that produced tangible results? Meetings are events where good ideas are paraded out before killing them. Hopefully all will be resolved before we irrigate again in two weeks. I’m sure glad I’m first in line on the ditch…

No comments:

Post a Comment