Friday, April 20, 2007

Failing

What a bother! The cat has to be in my lap this morning and she won’t take no for an answer. But I need another cup of coffee, so off she goes…And when I return, she is waiting and leaps back up and makes herself comfortable.

I see an almost cloudless sky this morning, so I’m going for the race training again this morning. I drove into Chico yesterday for that but it was raining too hard for me and I quickly abandoned the idea. There is a storm forecast for the weekend, but it won’t cause any problems for today.

And this…unbelievable!

Reid says war is 'lost,' drawing GOP rebuke
Boston Globe - 4 hours ago
By Anne Flaherty, AP April 20, 2007. WASHINGTON

“Senate majority leader Harry Reid said yesterday that the war in Iraq is ‘‘lost,’’ triggering an angry backlash from Republicans who said the top Democrat had turned his back on the troops…”

The war was lost…from the very beginning and by the Republicans and their leaders. These are the same people responsible for the poor treatment of veterans, yet they say that Democrats have failed the troops? When it’s the Democrats and some responsible Republicans that want to bring them home?

No comments:

Post a Comment