Saturday, April 28, 2007

Fans

4:23 AM. A warm morning already. The remote thermometer tells me that it’s almost 61° degrees outside. And it’s 76° where I am sitting. It’s time to get the fans out of storage and start running them at an early hour, ridding the house of warm stale air and pulling in the cool. Should we think about installing a whole house fan?

If I remember correctly, this is the day that the Zumwalt/Maiorano families head to Costa Rica for the big wedding. Kitty said she will take her new laptop along and so I hope she will send me some photos to post on my blog. Or, she could even create her own blog and give us all the details…as they happen!

Back to the fans; if I go out to the garage to get the fans, I will most likely be bitten by a mosquito; as I was a few minutes ago when I went out there to let the cat in. It’s that time of year and I will have to make a decision about whether or not to use the mosquito repellants again. I really don’t like the thought of putting volatile substances on my skin. On a lot of skin! We tend to think of our skin as being a sort of shield when it’s actually quite porous at a ‘nano’ level. And although the news media has abandoned the hype over West Nile Virus, it hasn’t gone away at all; it’s just not newsworthy anymore.

I gave blood the other day and once more I noted that they were testing for West Nile Virus and I would be contacted if had been exposed to it. I really hope I have been and then I can stop worrying about it altogether. No, I don’t spend much time worrying about it, still, it would be nice to have it off of the list.

And when I gave them my pint of blood I asked them why they were concerned about whether or not I had an ear piercing or a tattoo during the past year? Those items were on the questionnaire. It seems that they require a one year wait after either of those two activities before you can give blood once again. Darn! But you only live once…

No comments:

Post a Comment